Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago was 71 when she left Earth to join our Creator. She is known for her countless achievements that burst with colors, courage, and bravery.
She may have lost her battle against cancer, but she truly won at life, and here’s why:
1. She ran for president in 1992 despite rumors that she’s seeing a psychiatrist, earning her the tag “Brenda” or brain damage.
2. Still, she gunned for office not only for the twice, but thrice.
3. Although, she lost all three races, she had something witty to say to her doubters:
“Those who like me, raise your hand. For those who don’t, raise your standards.”
4. This line proves just how fearless she can be.
“I eat death threats for breakfast.”
5. As if that’s not awesome enough, she had this to say when she was diagnosed with lung cancer…
“I went to see a pulmonologist and then she said, ‘I’m sorry but you have cancer,’ and I said ‘Yes!’ Because I wanted a challenge in my life.”
6. She gave some bad ass love advice on her last Valentine’s day here…
7. In case you didn’t know, she took her advice-giving skills to a higher level when she published this much-loved “hugot” book, not once but twice!
8. Both of which contain hilarious and uber-relatable quotes like this…
9. She also had something to say about bags…
You will be dearly and truly missed, Senator…. So long.