With fast changes in the commerce sector – online trade is ‘not’ new to us. Even the internet is penetrating the realm of this industry – making everything available in just one click. We buy and sell everything via the internet, and of course, its payment comes online too.
However, paying online often comes with a hassle. Add the fact that before, we cannot dare buy through online because we do not have a credit card or other necessary means to pay for it. But with the brilliant development of several payment applications today, that mighty fabulous dress or the newest gadget might be just a click away from you!
Do you want a hassle-free deal on the things and services you love to avail? You could check and try these online payment platforms that will provide you the service you deserve.
Do you want to shop but you ran out of cash and don’t have any credit card? You could always try PayMaya!
- It’s the hassle-free financial unit of PLDT and SMART Communications, Inc. that has been offering services in terms of internet platforms, digital finance, mobile money and e-Commerce spaces.
- It’s often referred to as a visual VISA card that one can use when shopping online, paying utility bills, and booking flights.
You just have to download this app, register your necessary information, load it up at any recognized banks or service centers, and you’re all ready to shop! You can also upgrade your PayMaya account to enjoy new features such as sending money and getting money from the ATM using an actual PayMaya card. Transactions done under PayMaya are all safe because the app is supervised and regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
If you want to be in full control of your money, try Bitcoin! Actually, there’s no specific group or institution that regulates this system. This electric coin or digital currency, which started in 2009, can be used to purchase things online by people who join this network.
“Bitcoin payments are easier to make than debit or credit card purchases, and can be received without a merchant account. Payments are made from a wallet application, either on your computer or smartphone, by entering the recipient’s address, the payment amount, and pressing send.”
Globe has its ways to serve loyal customers with convenient, cashless transactions. With GCash, one can send money, pay bills, buy load, and shop online in a very accessible way.
- This app transforms your mobile phone into a virtual wallet that offers money transfers at the speed of just sending a text message.
You just have to download this app, register all important information, and wait for the confirmation message that you’re ready to use the app. With GCash, you can also transfer your money from recognized banks to your GCash wallet. You can also cash-out the amount you have from your virtual wallet by going to an authorized GCash outlet or Globe store. Let someone processed it for you after you fill up a GCash form.
This app allows you to purchase things online in an easy way. This payment portal allows you to shop wherever you are at any time of the day.
- PayPal is currently available worldwide, making transactions flexible and manageable. Sending and receiving payments is very easy because all you need is an email address or mobile number.
If you love shopping on eBay, PayPal can be your new friend. You just have to link your accounts in these two websites and all you have to do is patiently wait for that item you purchased.
Under AsiaPay, this payment portal helps merchants and consumers in the Philippines.
- It accepts registered sole proprietors, partnerships, and other businesses to its payment services like credit and debit cards, mobile transactions, and China payments such as China UnionPay, Alipay and 99bill.
- The payment process will only take a couple of seconds to be processed. Business owners could easily check and monitor the status of payment once they log into PesoPay Merchant Administration site.
Recently, PesoPay offers Basic Plan in order to “deliver a streamlined on-boarding process, competitive pricing rates, and simpler bank requirements for startups.” This was done to help new entrants to the realm of online payment. It will now be less complicated to process credit card payments because all will be done locally without the fear of having big transaction fees.
You want to secure online payments? You don’t have to worry because DragonPay will let you have a smooth transaction once you shop or travel. It’s not similar with other online payment portals because with this, you use your online banking facility or you could also pay cash at retail shops.
- DragonPay will help merchants to monitor and check the payment in order to avoid fraud and bogus buyers or even sellers. If the payment is completed, the merchant can now send the products to its buyer.
7. SMART Money
With the vast competition in the e-commerce site, SMART Communications has its own version of mobile wallet through SMART Money.
- From paying bills to mobile online banking, SMART Money could help you settle your payments in the most convenient way. This is also used by Filipinos to send money to their other relatives even overseas.
You don’t have to worry because all transactions are safe due to the lock/unlock feature that will require you to have a PIN whenever you process transactions.
These apps have one thing common…it improves and makes online transactions easier and faster. It’s up to you what suits your needs. (Anna Felicia Bajo)